One theory about the daily changes in the closing price of a stock is that these changes follow a random walk – that is, these daily events are independent of each other and move upward or downward in a random manner – and can be approximated by a normal distribution. To test this theory, collect the most recent closing prices of stocks from for your favorite company or brand. You can find this by going to finance.yahoo.com and searching for “Your Company stock history.” See Example and DB starter video in Unit 4 LiveBinder.
1) Choose your favorite company or brand and search finance.yahoo.com with that company name and “historical stock prices”. Download the stock history for this company for the past 6 weeks by selecting the appropriate dates and clicking on “Download to Spreadsheet” at the bottom of page.
2) Calculate the daily change in the closing stock prices by taking the difference between the closing and opening price for the day. This is the daily stock change.
3) Run the Descriptive Statistics->Summary Table in Excel Data Analysis on the daily stock change. Share the summary table.
4) Calculate the 1st and 3rd quartiles of the daily stock change. Share these along with the min, median, and max from 3) as your 5-Number Summary.
5) Create a Box & Whiskers Plot using your 5-Number Summary. (For Help, refer to Unit 2 LiveBinder).
6) Is your daily stock change distribution right skewed (median < mean), left skewed (mean < median), or symmetric (mean ≈ median)? Would you consider your daily stock change to be normally distributed? Why or Why Not?
ATTACHED IS AN EXAMPLE
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download