Due Date, Page Length, & Point Value: This paper is due between 8:00 A.M. and midnight on Friday, November 20, 2020. Students must upload their paper through Turnitin in the “Order in
the Constitution” module on Canvas. The minimum page length for the paper is four pages. This assignment is worth fifty points. Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is threefold. First, students are invited to understand why a specific clause is in the United States Constitution. Secondly, students should understand the relationship between a clause in the U.S. Constitution and the moral order. Lastly students
should become familiar with the basics of academic research through this assignment.
Instructions: In The Roots of American Order, Russell Kirk argues that order is the foundational principle for the political community. Further, order in the political community is the result of order in the soul. Moreover, he contends that American political culture and the
U.S. Constitution is the product of a transcendent and enduring moral order. In light of this, students must choose a specific clause in the Constitution and investigate why that clause is in
the Constitution. Students can choose a clause in the original articles (e.g. the power to declare
war, the Treaty Clause, etc.), the Bill of Rights (e.g. the Establishment Clause, keeping and
bearing arms, etc.), or a subsequent amendment (e.g. the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth
Once you choose a clause in the Constitution, you should conduct research among the primary
sources to understand why the clause you chose is in the Constitution. A primary source is a
document written during the time under study by a source that was present at the time of the
Consequently, students should think about what kind of documentation was created
around the time the Constitution was drafted and debated. The reason for this is that students
are expected to explain why their clause is in the Constitution based on the primary sources
they found. Students should only use secondary sources (e.g. peer-reviewed journals,
commentaries, etc.) to obtain background information, provide additional context, and offer
reasonable alternatives if there are gaps in the primary documents.
Another way to explain the expectation for this paper is to answer the question “What problem
were the founding fathers trying to solve by placing this clause in the Constitution?”
Correspondingly, in your explanation, pay particular attention to the virtues the founders were
trying to instill in leaders (or citizens) by placing the clause in the Constitution. Additionally,
discuss the vices or other problems the founders wanted leaders (or citizens) to avoid by placing
the clause in the Constitution. In either case, discuss how the clause you chose promotes and
protects the moral order and the peace of the American political community
Below isthe checklist forthe Order in the Constitution Research Paper. Please note that
points will be deducted for failing to follow the instructions below.
1. Do not include headers.
2. Do not place your paper in a report cover or sheet protector. The paper should be
stapled in the upper left-hand corner.
3. Include a title page. The title of your paper should be in the center of the title page and
in bold text.
4. The title should accurately reflect the thesis of your paper. The title should not take up
an entire line (i.e. no more than twelve words). In addition, the title must not contain
5. Place your name, date, class, and class section immediately beneath the title of your paper.
There should be no space between these items.
6. The text of your paper must be double spaced.
7. The margins should be one inch (1”) on all sides.
8. The font of the text should be in 12-point Times NewRoman.
9. Do not use excessive spacing between paragraphs or in any other part of your paper.
1. Did you use correct grammar and word usage when constructing your sentences?
2. Did you spell words correctly?
3. Did you avoid slang or colloquial language?
4. Is your paper a minimum of four pages long?
5. Does your paper have an introductory paragraph?
6. Does your paper have a thesis statement at the end of your introductory paragraph?
7. Thesis Checklist:
a. Do you take a position in your thesis statement?
b. Is your thesis statement specific?
c. Does your thesis statement express your main argument along with the
main supporting reasons?
8. Does your paper have a Current Event section, a Founding Fathers section, and
an Application section?
9. Did you avoid using logical fallacies, e.g. ad hominem, begging the question, post hoc,
ergo propter hoc, appeal to emotion, appeal to motive, etc? Engaging in the use of
logical fallacies will detrimentally affect your grade and may even prevent you from
receiving a passing grade on the paper.
10. Does your paper have a concluding paragraph?
Order in the Constitution Checklist:
1. Did you identify a clause in the Constitution (in the original Articles, the Bill of Rights, or a
2. Did you explain why the clause is in the Constitution?
3. Did you rely mainly on primary sources for your explanation?
4. In your explanation, did you focus on the virtues the founders were trying to instill in leaders
(or citizens) by placing the clause in the Constitution?
5. In your explanation, did you focus on the vices or problems the founders wanted leaders (or
citizens) to avoid by placing the clause in the Constitution?
6. Did you discuss how the clause you chose promotes and protects the moral order and the
peace of the American political community?
7. Is your analysis sufficiently clear so that the average person can understand it?
8. Is your analysis sufficiently thorough so that the average person can understand it?
1. Did you use footnotes throughout the body of your paper?
Please note that the Purdue OWL website for the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS)
contains the format for footnote citations, indicated by an “N” and the format for
bibliography citations, indicated by a “B.” For instance, if you click on the link for
books, the first citation format will be for footnotes (“N”) and the second will be for the
2. Did you cite your in-text citations in your “Bibliography” page?
3. Did you place your “Bibliography” on a separate page?
4. “Bibliography” should be aligned in the center at the top of the page and placed in bold text.
5. Did you use the relevant CMS format for the sources you used?
CMS Website for General Citations (e.g. internet citations, news articles, etc.)
CMS Website for Legal Sources (e.g. Constitution, statutes, cases, etc.) – CMS
requires you to use the Bluebook style of citation for legal sources. You can access the
Bluebook here: http://guides.ll.georgetown.edu/bluebook
Please check the PolSci 2 Canvas page for additional citation resourcesregarding
CMS format, government documents, and legal documents.
6. Do not cite Wikipedia.
a. However, you can use the citations to help you in your research. If you rely on the
articles used in Wikipedia, you must provide the appropriate citation and use the
7. Do not cite websites that provide quotes without a source, e.g. brainyquote.com. Instead,
you should use and cite primary source material.
8. Do not cite the textbook.
9. Did you cite at least four primary sources?
10. Did you cite at least seven sources? For more information on Citizenship Clause visit this: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/due-process-of-law
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.