Answer any one question from the following. Your essay should be about 2,500 words.
1) How relevant is the concept of ‘cultural imperialism’ in understanding globalization of Western media organizations?
2) Are ‘global’ media helping create a global public sphere?
3) What do you understand by the phrase Hollywood hegemony? Discuss the reasons for the US domination of global film production and distribution.
4) Discuss the political and economic implications of the trend toward concentration of media power among a few largely Western conglomerates.
5) What evidence is there to suggest hybridization of media and cultural products?
6) Discuss how the internet has impacted upon transnational communication. Illustrate your answer with examples.
7) Enumerate the reasons for Anglo-American domination of global news.
8) How significant is the trend towards a contra-flow in global media products, especially in the field of news and entertainment?
9) What impact have the policies of international institutions such as the World Trade Organization had on global communications?
10) Why was the global satellite network, Intelsat, privatized? Who is likely to benefit from this privatization?
Note: Please remember an essay is an analysis, an argument supported by evidence, and not a description. Apart from a clear argument, a good essay should be well-written, avoiding superfluous words and colloquial language. It should also have a ‘References’ section which must include every item referred to in the essay. Do not use other people’s words and ideas without acknowledgement. You must submit your paper with a covering form about plagiarism. Please refer to the course outline for grading criteria.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download