Simply answer the 14 questions below. This is not an essay, just answer the questions. Be specific! Your answer to each question may vary in length, but please include as much as details as you can. Number your questions.
1. Describe in words what happens during nuclear fission. Use uranium-235 as an example, explaining how the reaction is started and what the products are.
2. Lise Meitner, in about 1939, explained what happened during nuclear fission of uranium and why a large amount of energy is released during nuclear fission. What is the explanation for this release of energy? Explain the connection of this phenomenon to Einstein’s theory of relativity, as described in the famous equation E = mc2. (You may choose to read about Lisa Meitner on wikipedia to respond to this very important part of the assignment.)
3. Explain what is meant by a self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction, using the fission reaction of uranium-235 as an example. Where was this first demonstrated and when?
4. Summarize the content of the famous Einstein-Szilard letter to President Roosevelt in August, 1939. What action was taken as a result of this letter?
5. How is the energy released by nuclear fission converted into electrical energy in a nuclear reactor? Summarize the steps.
6. Control rods are used to start up and shut down a nuclear reactor. How are the control rods used, and how do they cause the reactor to start up and shut down?
7. Where are the nuclear reactors in New Jersey located, and when did they originally start operating? How much longer are they expected to continue operating?
8. Describe what is meant by alpha, beta and gamma radiation, in separate sections below. In each case, also summarize their relative energies, and abilities to penetrate skin, and the relative threats they pose to animal life.
(a) alpha radiation
(b) beta radiation
(c) gamma radiation
9. Define what is meant by a radioactive half-life. Then, as an example, calculate what percentage of the radioactivity being emitted from a source with a half-life of 10 years would remain after 80 years.
10. Where is most of the used radioactive material from nuclear reactors being stored, while it decays? How long will it be before this waste is no longer dangerous?
11. Summarize the three most significant nuclear accidents to date, in separate sections as listed below. In each case, explain the origins of the accident, their short-term effects on the surrounding populations, and the current status of the sites where these accidents occurred.
(a) 3-Mile Island, Pennsylvania, USA, 1979
(b) Chernobyl, Ukraine, USSR, 1986
(c) Fukushima, Japan, 2011
12. Summarize the importance of nuclear energy in relation to climate change and global warming.
13. Summarize the arguments in favor and against the continued use and further development of nuclear energy.
14. Give one example of the use of radiation treatment in medicine (there are many). Include a description of the nuclear reaction involved.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.