Simply answer the 8 questions below. This is not an essay, just answer the questions. Be specific! Your answer to each question may vary in length, but please include as much as details as you can. Number your questions.
1. Briefly, describe what is happening at each component of a zinc/copper (Zn/Cu) galvanic cell or battery, as listed below.
(a) The anode
(b) The cathode
(c) The salt bridge.
2. In the zinc/copper galvanic cell, what metal or ion is being oxidized and what metal or ion is being reduced?
3. Explain why electrons flow from the zinc electrode to the copper electrode in the zinc/copper galvanic cell and why the voltage generated by this type of cell is always 1.10 volts.
4. Batteries used in flashlights, TV remote controls and other small electronic devices come in different sizes. What is the difference between the smaller batteries, such as AAA or AA, for example, and the larger C or D batteries that are used for these purposes?
5. The lead batteries used to start cars, and the lithium-ion batteries used in cell phones, electric cars and hybrid electric/gas vehicles must be recharged. How is recharging of a rechargeable battery achieved? What is happening during the recharging process?
6. What is the advantage of using lithium ions to carry charge in rechargeable batteries over, for example, lead ions?
7. Explain why electric vehicles are more energy-efficient than gasoline-powered cars.
8. Hydrogen (H2) might be the fuel of the future for transportation purposes. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using hydrogen as a fuel for vehicles in place of gasoline or electric power?
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download