A third-grade teacher seeks your professional help with an 8-year-old boy in her class. She tells you that Eddie’s behavior is highly disruptive because he is continually acting out his problems in a hostile or aggressive manner. He punches other children for no apparent reason, tears up others’ work, rarely follows instructions, continually talks at times that are disruptive, and draws attention to himself through negative behavior. He seems to take delight in seeing other children get angry. The teacher tells you that she is at a loss to know how to deal with Eddie’s behavior. She considered asking that he be removed from her classroom, but she hesitated because she believes that he has many pressing conflicts and is a deeply troubled child. She asks you to see him for a session and give her some guidance in dealing with his behavior.You see Eddie for an individual session, during which you discover that his father is both verbally and physically abusive. Without provocation his father calls him names and beats him up. One time, Eddie was beaten so badly that he had severe cuts and bruises, and his father threatened him with a “real beating” if he did not agree to say that he had had a bicycle accident. You also discover that Eddie comes from a single-parent family. His father has had custody since his parents divorced when he was in preschool. Eddie tells you that he would feel really lost if he didn’t have his father. He thinks that maybe he has done many wrong things to deserve the treatment he gets.Working within a behavioral framework, show how you would proceed in this session with Eddie so that you might be in a better position to make recommendations to his teacher and might offer him some direct help yourself.
1. What goals would you have in mind during this session? How would you attempt to meet them? What questions would you ask of Eddie? How might you approach the issue of his disruptive behavior in class? What might you want to tell him? What would you tell his teacher?
2.What speculations can you offer about the reasons for Eddie’s disruptive behavior? Where might he have learned his aggressive behaviors?
3. How do you expect that you would handle the issue of Eddie’s beatings by his father? How would you deal with Eddie on this matter? Might you approach his father? If so, what would you say, and what would you hope to accomplish? Might you consult the authorities? What are your legal obligations in this case?
4. During your session, what behaviors would you most want to observe? What would you do with your observations as far as Eddie is concerned? How much would you share with him of what you know from his teacher and of what you actually observe?
5. Would the fact that Eddie comes from a single-parent home influence your interventions? How would you deal with him when he told you that he would be lost without his father?
6. If you were to continue working with Eddie as his counselor, what specific behavioral procedures might you employ, and toward what end?
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download