Career Dispositions Self-Inventory Worksheet
Refer to Chapter 13 in your textbook, Theories of Personality, for this assignment.
McCrae and Costa (Feist et al., 2018) theorized that personality traits can be categorized by five major factors:
Like Allport, they claim that individuals will score at a specific point along a continuum for each of the five factors. For example, a high score in extraversion may reflect that someone is outgoing, or a low score may reflect that a person is reserved. Most people will score somewhere in the middle, with only a few who score at either of the extremes.
Combined, these factors can give us insight into recognizing and accepting our own dispositional traits as well as those of others. Such an understanding of personality can help us to self-reflect, predict behaviors, and demonstrate empathy in ways that can improve our relationships with colleagues in diverse workplace environments.
Part I: Trait Theories
Explain how dispositional trait theories (Allport, McCrae and Costa) are different from biological trait theories (Eysenck and Buss) in 125–175 words.
Part II: Big Five Personality Test
Take the Big Five Personality Test to obtain a free basic report of your personality traits. The report will display a graph that looks like this:
Provide your results below using one of the following methods:
• Type your results as a percentage for each trait
• Create a chart or graph of your percentages
• Take a screenshot of the graph of your results and paste it into this document
Part III: Personality Trait Scores
Discuss each dimension of your personality based on the Big Five Personality Test report of your trait scores in 175–225 total words.
1. Summarize each dimension of your personality in 2–4 sentences:
2. Describe some of your behaviors that are reflected in your score for each dimension.
3. How accurate do you think the Big Five Personality Test is in its description of your personality? Explain your answer.
Part IV: Career Trait Dispositions
Every career requires a different set of skills and aptitudes. While it is important to know the skills required to succeed at a job, it is equally important to know the types of personalities that would best match that career.
Use your test results and apply your knowledge of dispositional and biological personality trait theories to respond to the following examples in 200–300 total words:
1. You have been invited to interview for a position as a salesperson in a retail store. Explain how well you would fit this role by describing your personality to the hiring manager.
2. You are considering a position as a bookkeeper for a small accounting firm. How well would your personality fare in this environment? Include at least one biological factor in your explanation.
3. National Geographic is looking for a photographer. Which personality dimensions would require high scores to be successful in this position?
4. Based on the results of the Big Five Personality Test, what might be the ideal career for your personality? Why?
Feist, J., Feist, G. J., & Roberts, T. (2018). Theories of personality (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download