Business Law and Ethics
1. Individual Essay (Critique Article below) 1500 words – 50% (LOs 1and 2)
Assignment 1 – Individual Essay: 50%
Date given out:
Assignment 1 – 14th September 2020
Eligible for late submission (3 working days, with penalty)?
Method of submission:
Online and paper copy
Special instructions for submission (if any):
Date for results and feedback:
Employability skills assessed:
C1: Reading, selecting, analysing and synthesising information from a range of sources
C2: Producing different types of document
C3: Participating in discussions
C4: Making presentations
LP1: Develop a strategy for using a range of skills to improve own learning and performance
IT1: Preparing information
IT2: Processing and presenting information
S1: Plan personal work schedules
WWO2: Working towards identified targets
Learning outcomes assessed:
LO1: Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of the English legal system, company and business law.
LO2: Understand company and business law, corporate governance and ethical issues within an international context.
LO3: Recognize and respond in a mature and reflective manner to ethical conflict and turbulence in their professional careers and the workplace.
LO4: Understand philosophical theories and professional body ethical guidance and advice.
LO5: Use appropriate MIS development and acquisition approach in acquiring relevant systems for organizations.
Learning Outcomes tested
(from module descriptor)
Assessment Criteria to achieve each outcome a student must demonstrate the ability to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding on the key elements of the internal environment of organisations and the interaction with the external environment.
· The essay task enables the student to demonstrate an understanding of how organisations make decisions based on the external environment. In this case, the impact that the Legal environment has Corporate Organisations.
2. Identify the dynamics of the Legal and ethical environments and the role of government within it
· The case study enables the student to demonstrate an understanding of legislation and ethical codes of conducts and the principles of government that create the framework for it.
3. Examine the economic environment within which businesses operate in the United Kingdom
· In the essay the student is required to look at the market situation within the United Kingdom, with reference to a specific business environment.
4. Examine the global business environment and explain why countries benefit from trade with each other.
· The case study provides the student with the opportunity to look at the macro environment and at how specified countries are impacted by international economic scenarios.
5. Understand the reducing impact of the European Union on the businesses operating in the EU environment.
· In the case study task, the student is expected to look at not just the UK environment, but also beyond, at the EU level, as to how the business environment operates in the 21st century.
TASK DESCRIPTION – ASSIGNMENT 1 (Individual essay 50%)
Formation of Contractual Relationships
The following facts have occurred.
Hilary advertised a printing press in a specialist trade journal for £15,000. Eleanor wrote to Hilary offering to buy it for £10,000. Hilary replied by return of post saying she would accept £13,000. When she heard nothing further from Eleanor, Hilary wrote again saying she would accept £10,000. Eleanor says she no longer wants to buy the printing press.
Hilary wrote to Amy offering for sale an office computer for £1,000. The morning that she received the letter Amy wrote to Hilary agreeing to buy at the asking price. After she had posted the letter, but before it was delivered, Amy changed her mind and sent Hilary a fax asking her to ignore the letter when it arrived.
Hilary decided to have a grand summer sale at her art gallery. She put large notices in the windows of the gallery stating that a valuable painting by Trumpeter, a famous artist, would be available for only £1 to the first customer who came into the gallery at the commencement of the sale, together with a free signed print of another Trumpeter painting. Olivia waited outside the shop for two days before the sale started to be sure of getting the painting, but as she entered the shop, Hilary told her that the painting by Trumpeter was no longer for sale.
Questions for Discussion:
1. Define contract law and describe all the blue prints of a contract.
2. Explain the court system in relation to the English legal system and advise the parties above which court(s) action to pursue.
3. Advise Hilary as to whether binding contracts exist between herself and each of the following people: Eleanor, Amy and Olivia.
4. Explain and discuss the various remedies available to the parties
Write your responses to the above questions in the form of an essay. Justify your responses.
1. will need to search for similar cases and give references
2. Additional support links to help with your assignment
CONTRACT LAW : https:// wwwlawsociety.org.uk/about-us/legal/standard-conditions-of-contract please use this link and others to do you assignment . The standard conditions of contract
This task addresses LOs 1 and 2.
A maximum of 1500 words.
FORMATTING AND LAYOUT
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
Document format: Essay
Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a bibliography using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.