Course Paper Guidelines
As citizens of the 21st Century it is no exaggeration to claim that we are witnessing the ascendency of the biotechnological age. Rapid and dramatic advances in genetics have had profound impacts upon scientific, medical and environmental technologies and have radically altered the understanding of ourselves as human organisms within a global ecosystem. Such scientific progress has undoubtedly raised important ethical and often controversial issues which play significant roles in determining how we view, act and manage ourselves within an ever-changing social context catalyzed by the technologies we create. In this activity students will explore some of these polemics
and develop well-informed positions within the sphere of public discourse.
You are required to write a short argumentative essay on any ONE of the genetic sbased bioethical issues listed below:
1. Should public and private entities such as insurers, employers, courts, schools, adoption agencies, and the military have access to personal genetic information?
2. Does genomic sequencing help or harm minority communities?
3. Will increased access to genetic information lead society to more discrimination?
4. Is the use of fetal genetic screening unethical?
5. Should parents have to right to choose their children based on genetics?
6. Should genetic testing be performed for diseases when no treatment is available?
7. Should parents have the right to have their minor children tested for adult-onset diseases?
8. Do genetically modified foods and organisms pose a serious threat to public health and the environment?
9. Are GMOs beneficial to the development of Third World countries?
• Your paper MUST contain well supported arguments made on BOTH sides of the issue you selected. The arguments should include in-text citations from scholarly articles, studies and scientific reports (e.g. using Google Scholar or MDC library databases). Avoid the overuse of quotations. The conclusion of the essay must include your own opinion (with justification) on the topic.
• Your paper should be 3 – 4 pages in length (min: 3, max: 4) typed, defaultspaced (1.5) 12-pt font. A bibliography is REQUIRED in APA format and is not included in your page count. Do not add cover pages, photos, charts or diagrams to your review. This is an assessment of your original writing so please PCB3060 Paper instructions Prof. S. Williams
review the College’s policies on academic dishonesty and plagiarism at https://www.mdc.edu/rightsandresponsibilities/. The paper will be graded on the following components:
Paper Component Points Awarded
Introduction & definition of terms 5
Affirmative arguments, with examples 10
Negative arguments, with examples 10
Evidence cited 5
Author’s conclusion/opinion 10
Presentation (spelling, grammar, creativity) 5
An “A” Paper/Essay: A paper that is exceptional. It is interesting or unusual and demonstrates sophistication of thought. The main points are clear, complex, well developed, and well supported. The structure of the paper follows a clear logical organization, and all sources are critically examined. The sources are current, relevant, of high quality, and well-integrated in the paper. The paper is free of grammatical and spelling errors.
A “B” Paper/Essay: A paper that is solid and fulfills the assignment. It has a clear logic but minor lapses in development. It touches on the complexity of the argument and shows careful reading of the sources. The structure follows a logical progression of ideas, but not all evidence is clearly related to the main ideas. It may contain a few grammatical problems, but not enough to make reading difficult.
A “C” Paper/Essay: A paper that is adequate but less effective in responding to the assignment. It presents the central idea in general terms and demonstrates basic comprehension of the sources. It is difficult to find a logical structure to the argument, and the paper often relies on generalizations or unrelated examples. Sentences may be awkward or confusing enough to make reading difficult.
A “D” Paper/Essay: A paper that does not respond to the assignment. The argument may be too vague or there is little complexity to the ideas. The organizations can be difficult to follow, and the paper offers insufficient evidence from the literature. No integration of the literature reviewed is evident.
An “F” Paper/Essay: A paper that does not respond to the assignment, has no central argument, and uses no sources. There is little apparent organization. There is no supporting evidence, or it is irrelevant.
DEADLINE & SUBMISSION:
• The paper must be uploaded to a designated Turnitin Folder on Blackboard
• Turnitin matching report must NOT exceed 20%. Papers exceeding 20% will not be accepted and will receive an automatic zero grade.
• OPTIONAL: Students may submit an early draft for review by the professor. The “draft” must be a COMPLETE paper with less than 20% Turnitin match and must be submitted as a MS Word Document (.doc/.docx) attachment via email. For more information on Biotechnological Age see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotechnology
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.