|Write a 4–6 page report that analyzes how two highly ranked countries manage a specific disease and use that analysis to develop best practices for a health alliance organization.
This assessment assumes the perspective of population health, by analyzing how two highly ranked countries deal with a disease, and extrapolating best practices from that analysis. Explore the Internet for examples and templates of reports. Review the links in the Resources for information about population health and risk-based contracting.
Assume the role in the scenario below:
Scenario: You are a new graduate working as an executive assistant for the chief operations officer (COO) of a health care alliance partnership. This organization operates across multiple countries and is considering entering into risk-based contracting. You have been assigned to research and recommend best practices for management of a disease, which can be applied across countries.
• Use the disease state or health issue you identified in the previous assessment or choose another one (for example, hip replacement) as the basis for this assessment.
• Identify two countries with superior performance indicators for managing the disease or health issue.
Write a 4–5-page report for your organization. Use tables or charts as needed to succinctly convey information. Organize your report as follows:
• Appraise current performance indicators and outcome measures for delivery, quality, affordability, and accessibility.
o Compare key performance indicators for management of a disease among countries. (A chart or table could be created for this information.)
o Costs: Compare the disease or diagnosis cost information for each country against the Center for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) case rate for the disease or diagnosis.
• Recommend best practices for disease management that can be applied across countries.
o Explain how best practices were selected.
o Which country is superior in each category?
• Evaluate the implications of implementing recommended best practices for the organization for delivery, quality, affordability, and accessibility. Consider:
• Evaluate the implications of implementing recommended best practices for consumers for delivery, quality, affordability, and accessibility.
• Identify the challenges for managing providers within a fee-for-services versus a risk-based contracting plan.
Your report must include the following requirements:
• Formatting: Use current APA standards for style and formatting.
• Number of Resources: Minimum of 3 peer-reviewed resources.
• Length: 4–6 double-spaced pages, not including title and reference page.
• Font and size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
• Communication: Write clearly and concisely, with well-organized communication that is supported with relevant evidence. Use bullet points, phrases, tables or charts when applicable, to convey information succinctly.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Best Practices Report
Just from $13/Page
Best Practices for Disease Management
This handbook provides guidelines and best practices for national health planning policies, strategies and plans.
• World Health Organization. (2016). Strategizing national health in the 21st century: A handbook. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/healthsystems/publications/nhpsp-handbook/en/
• Conklin, A., Nolte, E., & Vrijhoef, H. (2013). Approaches to chronic disease management evaluation in use in Europe: A review of current methods and performance measures. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care, 29(1), 61–70.
• Roberts, D. A., Ng, M., Ikilezi, G., Gasasira, A., Dwyer-Lindgren, L., Fullman, N., . . . Gakidou, E. (2015). Benchmarking health system performance across regions in Uganda: A systematic analysis of levels and trends in key maternal and child health intervention, 1990–2011. BMC Medicine, 13(285), 1–17.
Best Practice Implications
Canadian patient-advocacy organization.
• The Patient Factor. (n.d.). World Health Organization’s ranking of the world’s health systems. Retrieved from http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian- health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/
This article discusses political implications of health policy internationally.
• Gómez, E. J., & Rugar, J. P. (2015). The global and domestic politics of health policy in emerging nations. Journal of Health Politics, Policy, & Law, 40(1), 3–11. This article discusses political implications of health policy internationally, which will be helpful for Competency 2.
This is the website for the national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. This organization spearheads disease management and other initiatives and lobbies for hospitals across the U.S.
• American Hospital Association. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.aha.org/
Cost Benefit Analysis
Provides a step-by-step guide to cost-benefit-analysis with real-world examples.
• Mind Tools. (2018). Cost-benefit analysis: Deciding, quantitatively, whether to go ahead. Retrieved from https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTED_08.htm
Suggested Resources for Further Exploration
• Muenning, P., & Su, C. (2013). Introducing global health: Practice, policy, and solutions. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
o Chapter 5, “Health Systems,” pages 109–139.
o Chapter 6, “Social Policy and Global Health,” pages 143–168.
o Chapter 7, “A Closer Look at Three Political Economies: China, Kerala, and Chile,” pages 169–191.
o Chapter 8, “Global Governance and Health,” pages 193–210.
• American College of Healthcare Executives. (2018). Retrieved from http://www.ache.org/
o This is the website for the international society of 40,000 heath care executives leading hospitals, health care systems, and other health care organizations.