|On your computer, create and save your answers to ALL THREE parts (People’s Party Platform, From the Depths, and American Imperialism, shown below) of Assignment 1 together in ONE Word document (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf), not in a compressed (zipped) folder. Use a size 12 font and do not use bold type. Follow the sample assignment layout found in Syllabus Page 2: write the question first, skip a line, and then give your answer.
When you are ready to submit a group of unit assignments, follow these steps:
Save your document with a filename using your last name, first name initial, and assignment number without using underscore ( _ ), e.g. “Jones, E asn 1.” Click the green Unit 1 Assignment link above. Then, attach your file using the Browse My Computer button. Don’t type anything in the “Submission” or “Comments” boxes. Click “Submit” to turn in your assignment.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Your graded assignment will appear as a numerical score in My Grades. Click your score to access your graded document; open it to read my comments.
Unit 1, Assignment #1 of 3: People’s Party Platform
The People’s Party, or Populist Party, ran a candidate for President of the United States in the 1892 election. Their specific goals, or planks, collectively constituted their overall agenda, or platform. After studying the lesson notes and doing the assigned reading, read the excerpts from the People’s Party platform by clicking the Populism link above, and answer the questions below.
1. Read number 1 under “The Platform.” What did the Populists feel was at stake in the 1892 election? Why did they think so?
2. Under “Finance,” which plank do you think was most important, and why do you think so?
3. Under “Transportation,” the platform states “the government should own and operate the railroads in the interest of the people.” How does that statement encapsulate the core concerns of the Populist movement?
4. Which two planks (identify their content) became amendments to the United States Constitution during the Progressive Era?
Unit 1, Assignment #2 of 3: From the Depths
After studying the lesson notes and doing the assigned reading, analyze the symbolism in William Balfour-Ker’s painting From the Depths by clicking From the Depths above, and answer the questions below.
1. What are some emotions displayed by the partygoers? Why?
2. What emotions are the people under the floor showing? Why?
3. Discuss some commentaries about American society expressed in the painting. How did the artist convey those commentaries?
Unit 1, Assignment #3 of 3: American Imperialism
While many Americans saw U.S. imperialism as a positive endeavor, many others, such as those of the Anti-Imperialist League, disagreed. Read the writings by William Graham Sumner and Mark Twain by clicking Sumner, on Empire and the Philippines and Twain on Philippines above and then answer the questions below.
1. According to Sumner, what was the European and Islamic opinion of Americans? What was the point of Sumner telling us this?
2. On what grounds did Sumner base his opposition to American imperialism?
3. Does Twain’s account confirm or contradict Sumner’s views? How?
4. How did Twain use religion in his account?
5. What parallels can be drawn between these two readings and today?
I attached all files 4 files to look at
The book is give me liberty
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download