Application of theory
The purpose of this assignment is to explore various theories and models used to guide practice. From this review, you will select two theories or models to compare. Based on your comparison, you will select one to apply to a specific identified practice gap.,
The paper should be carefully written in a formal style, adhere to the most recent APA guidelines 7th edition, be based on primary sources, provide a synthesis and application of course content and individual readings, and be 4-5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference list (no abstract required for this assignment). The sections described below should be used as level 2 headings for your paper. Organized flow, logical progression of ideas, and clarity in thought processes are essential. Papers over the page limit will result in a loss of 20% of the overall points.
1. From a former or current practice setting(s), identify one (1) practice gap or opportunity for improvement. This should be something that nursing has the ability to rectify or directly influence. ** Gap identified is the need for early screening and detection for postpartum depression****
2. Theory and or models are Change theory & Neuman’s System Theory
Change Theory Tenets are applicable to many change initiatives.
Neuman’s System Theory Works well when thinking about clinical interventions for patients
3. Introduction (1 paragraph): (3 pts/ 12%)
1. Provide an introduction that defines your practice gap. (**Gap identified is the need for early screening and detection for postpartum depression***) This should include references clearly describing the scope and severity of the problem (national data). Include a statement that speaks to the purpose of the paper. The purpose of the paper statement should include the following: The purpose of this paper is to…. The purpose statement is a roadmap for the reader and delineates what will be included in the paper. In addition, you will need to develop a clear AIM statement (must include baseline measure and where you hope to go) to address your practice gap and identified goal (s) for the proposed project.
2. ***AIM statement: Is to screen all pregnant patients for depression decreasing the prevalence by 50% over 3 months with adherence to early screening and intervention, resulting in a decrease of women suffering from postpartum depression. (Tool used for screening: Edinburgh Depression Scale)
3. Note you must include both a purpose statement which could be (**Identify pregnant patients at risk for developing postpartum depression)
4. Theory Selection (4-6 paragraphs): (6 pts / 24%)
1. Provide an overview of two selected theories and/or models. (Use ***1. Neuman’s theory and 2. Change theory) and clearly describe a.)assumptions of the theories or models (A principle that is accepted as being true based on logic or reason, without proof. They are beliefs about a phenomenon that one must accept as true to accept a theory), b). tenets (propositions/theoretical statements) of the theories and/or models (Statements about the relationships between two or more concepts and are used to connect concepts to devise the theory), and c). concepts addressed by the theories and or/models. Select one of the two theories to apply to your practice gap. Provide a rationale for why you selected this theory to apply to your practice gap. This section should be supported with a robust synthesis of the literature (you must have references to support your statements)
5. Application of Theory (1-2 paragraphs) (8 pts / 32%)
1. (30%) Provide a minimum of three (3) distinct evidenced-based (they must be supported by the literature) action steps you can take to address your practice gap. ( **Action steps: 1. Screen patients using the EDS tool at various stages during pregnancy and during her postpartum exam. 2. Personal contact 3 days after delivery for screening, again during her postpartum exam.**)
2. Describe how these steps are based on the application of your selected theory. Discuss how these steps will help you address your aim statement. The focus here is “Why?” this theory will work. These action steps must be supported with the literature and should be evidenced-based.(***Need to use scholarly research articles in Nursing or Psychology journals publications within the past 4 yrs****)
3. (10%) Create an illustration demonstrating the application of the theory in addressing your defined aim statement
• The illustration must include elements of the theory, intervention, and gap”
• Include as an appendix for the assignment
** Note: the illustration is not a table.
6. Implications for Practice (1 paragraph) (3 pts / 12%)
1. How can apply what you have learned from this assignment to practice?
7. Writing & APA: (5 pts/ 20%)
1. This paper should reflect scholarly writing and application of APA formatting.
Tips for Success:
• Be specific and direct when you are writing. For example, state – The AIM is … The purpose of the paper is…
• This assignment requires an in depth and critical analysis of theory. Students should plan to review multiple sources. For more information on Application of Theory see this: https://www.britannica.com/science/algebra/Applications-of-group-theory
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.