Review and discuss the Form 10-K for the Apple company.
Section 1, Initial Risk Assessment.
Hint: The business and risk information is usually found in the first part of the Form 10-K. However, for the risks, do not simply restate what is in the Form 10-K. Think like a senior manager at a CPA firm – what accounts (Cash, A/R, Revenue, Inventory, etc.) might be the most potentially risky and why? For example, an airline might not have the same inventory considerations found with a retail outlet like Wal-Mart.
In 700 words
Describe the business briefly.
Assess any risks you may encounter in auditing this company.
General Audit Concerns
· The requisite background you and your team will need to adequately audit this company.
· Time it will take to adequately audit this client.
General Business Concerns
· Has the company you’re auditing recently increased or decreased their operations due to mergers or sales of parts of the business?
· Are they a conglomerate with lots of disparate kinds of goods and services, or are they a simple straight-forward type of business operating in a relatively small location?
· Are operating supplies (such as jet fuel or specialty plastics) in short supply or subject to wild pricing swings on the open market?
· What about overseas operations – are they operating in dangerous parts of the world?
· How robust or intense is the competition in this particular industry?
· Has their top management recently been replaced and if so, why?
· Is seasonality a factor for this company? How does that affect revenue and other operations?
Describe the following issues:
Ethics and Legal Issues
· The ethics and sophistication of top management and cultures where the company operates.
· Have there been significant auditing or accounting issues raised in the recent past?
· Did they have disputes with their previous audit firm?
· Is this company or industry particularly susceptible to lawsuits or other legal proceedings?
Evaluate the regulatory and compliance requirements of this company:
Regulatory and Compliance Concerns
· The compliance requirements of this company.
· Is it subject to a high-level of governmental regulation?
· Are employees unionized? Are they generally compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory rules?
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download