Bio 111 Exam 4 Take Home
Answer ONLY 4 of the following, +25pts each. You may use any resources available to you, grading will be strict. SUBMISSION IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME. The exam is due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 17th at 11:59pm. Late submissions will enjoy a -10% penalty per day after the deadline. Write as much as you need to get to point across.
1. A woman is brought to an emergency room complaining of severe pain in her left iliac region. She claims previous episodes and says that the condition is worse when she is constipated, and is relieved by defecation. A large, tender mass is palpated in the left iliac fossa and a barium study reveals a large number of diverticula in her descending and sigmoid colon. What are diverticula, and what is believed to promote their formation? Does this woman have diverticulitis or diverticulosis? Explain.
2. A patient has esophageal cancer and must have a feeding tube inserted. The nurse tells the patient that the tube will be inserted surgically into the duodenum. The patient’s wife asks why the tube will not be inserted into the stomach. What should the nurse say?
3. What clinical effects would low blood pressure have on the kidneys of a burn patient?
4. Ellen, a 47-year-old woman who has suffered kidney disease for several years, has been diagnosed with proteinuria. Her legs and feet are so swollen that she has difficulty walking. Her hands and her left arm are also swollen. What is proteinuria, and could this condition be playing a role in her swollen limbs?
5. Explain how filtration works in the glomerular capillaries. Explain how an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor) such as captopril would be effective as an antihypertensive.
6. Humans can survive for a period of time without water thanks to the ability of the kidneys to produce concentrated urine. Explain the factors that allow this to happen.
7. How is digestive activity provoked after eating? What activates the secretion of digestive juices into the lumen or hormones into the blood?
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download