“Dissecting Doctor Moreau” Prof. Winchock
Prompt : Across the second half of this semester, we have applied our critical thinking skills to an assortment of philosophical perspectives about human nature from around the world. Now, using both these skills and philosophies, we should be able to decipher the message about human nature with which H. G. Wells artistically presents us in The Island of Doctor Moreau . For this paper, then, I would like you to:
1. Explain Doctor Moreau’s perspective , based on one of the philosophies that we have read (Hsun Tzu, Mencius, Plato, Hobbes, Locke, or Benedict).
a. Spend at least one paragraph carefully explaining the philosophical argument. b. Spend at least one p aragraph carefully discussing the novel in relation to this
For example: I might 1) explain Mencius, and then 2) Analyze Moreau through Mencius’ ideas.
2. Using two of the philosophers that we have read (Hsun Tzu, Mencius, Plato, Hobbes, Locke, and Benedict), explore the counterarguments that can be made throughout the novel against Moreau’s position.
a. Spend at least one paragraph for each philosopher
b. and spend at least one paragraph analyzing the novel through each philosopher.
For example: I might 1) Explain Hsun Tzu, and 2) Critique Moreau through Hsun Tzu’s ideas; then 3) Explain Hobbes, and 4) Critique Moreau through Hobbes’ ideas.
● Be sure to carefully explain your three chosen philosophies ( citing specific details and
quotations from the texts) in relation to specific cited details and quotations f rom the novel.
● You should have four sources in this paper: Wells’ novel and three different critical texts . Please do not “double dip” philosophers in your answers to the two parts of the prompt!
● You should write this as an essay , not a two-part exam question. This means that you should have a central claim that asserts the argument (logical conclusion) that you are making in this paper. You should, therefore, also have an intro and conclusion paragraph.
Grading : You will be graded based on your 1) comprehension of the philosophical positions, 2) your comprehension of Moreau’s argument, and 3) your comprehension of the counterarguments.
Parameters: At least 750 words ( though you may need more ), 12-pt times New Roman font. Double-spaced, 1” margins on all sides. MLA format with parenthetical citations.
Due Dates : The Final Draft is due at the end of the day ( midnight ) on May 13th – just submit a copy to Cougar Courses and you’re good to go!
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download