Class assignment #2
You will select a genre (photojournalism, surrealism) and produce a corresponding photo essay. No more than ten (10) images should make up the essay. At least 3 to 5 images must have some evidence of post production – whether it be local photo adjustments in Adobe Lightroom, and/or photo manipulation in Adobe Photoshop. Consideration will be given to:
● Cohesion of the story being depicted in the photos (effectiveness of the images themselves)
● Composition of the images (how effectively and interestingly the elements in the images are arranged)
● Effectiveness of the chosen theme (if it follows established codes and conventions associated with it)
● Quality of post production work.
Emphasis must be placed on process to concept. Think carefully about what genre you want to work with and what story you want to tell. Submissions must include moodboards, sketches, first-draft images and raw/unedited files.
Process, Procedure, & Ethical Standards
Criteria Evaluative Elements Mark
Process and procedure 1. Student should have completed all the necessary paperwork relating to the assignment. This includes model releases and any college required paperwork be completed before submission of the assignment.
2. Students have provided evidence of relevant research done in relation to the assignment such as articles, moodboards, image plans/sketches, and first-draft images. 1
Ethical photography standards The assignment’s creative content is appropriate according to the brief and its intended audience. 1
Practical Output Criteria
Criteria Evaluative Elements Mark
Brief (the student’s overall interpretation and execution of the assignments stipulated by the brief) 1. The images are relevant to the brief and fulfils its aims.
2. The images are connected to the other images in the series.
3. The images have examples of genre conventions and technical practices consistent with the chosen genre. 1
Composition/content (the student’s overall usage of misage-en-scene) 1. The denoted elements within the images work together effectively to form an identifiable message/theme.
2. The entirety of the content within the frame(s) has been considered and no unwanted elements have been missed in the final edit(s).
3. The content of the frame(s) has been appropriately controlled according to the brief. 1
Framing (effectiveness of framing) 1. The images’ content is effectively framed according to the chosen style/theme.
2. The images’ content is appropriately focused according to the chosen style/theme.
3. The student displays an effective framing style according to the brief/assignment. 1
Lighting (effectiveness of lighting) 1. The lighting style used in the images is in accordance with the chosen style/theme.
2. The lighting’s technical aspects are executed correctly, resulting in the intended levels of shadows and/or highlights in the images.
3. The image’s exposure is appropriate to the brief/assignment. 1
Editing (effectiveness and appropriateness of the editing used) 1. The level of post-production done to the images is in accordance with the chosen style/theme.
2. The technical elements of post-production within the images are applied correctly, free of post-production errors (oversaturation, bleaching, plastic skin effect, over and underexposure)
3. Any examples of creative post-production techniques are both in accordance with the brief and executed correctly according to genre conventions. 2
Written Critique and Review
Criteria Evaluative Elements Mark
Content 1. Student displays an understanding of the themes and focuses on the written assignment when documenting a practical assignment.
2. Students use appropriate terminology when referencing their work, and any other works referenced in their writing.
Development Students provide accurate documentation detailing the development of a practical assignment. 1
Structure and formatting 1. Student has used the correct MLA formatting for primary and secondary sources. Correct formatting in accordance to College rules for written assignments.
2. Inclusion of all required sections for practical assignments (planning stage, research stage, lighting diagrams [where applicable], first, second, and final drafts, critical analysis and review)
3. Student has properly proofread his/her work, ensuring body of text is free of spelling and grammar mistakes.
Reference usage 1. Student displays an adequate and appropriate level of research for practical assignment.
2. Quotes/referenced artworks are relevant to the written assignment and either reinforce the opinion of the student in decisions regarding process and aesthetic.
3. Student references a relevant piece of research; either a practitioner, a work of art, or a specific movement within the industry, and discusses how it was relevant to the assignment.
4. Student points to specific examples in his/her own work, and describes decisions made which changed their composition based on relevant research. For more information on A Photo Essay visit this: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/photo-essay
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.