Business Plan Instructions, Outline, and Grading
Each student will individually research and write at least a 20 page (more if necessary) business plan for a new business or non-profit organization he/she would like to start and operated.
1. The business plan must be for a new business or non-profit organization, can be a franchise or virtual (online). It cannot be a plan to buy an existing business.
2. The business plan must be original, authored by you solely, and cannot be developed with any assistance, i.e., Small Business Administration.
3. It cannot have been previously written for another course, workshop, assignment, or other institution, etc.
If the business plan is found to violate any of the above three requirements, the student will earn a score of zero points. Turnitin will be used for verification.
The 20 pages DO NOT include the title/cover page and bibliography/references.
The paper will be in Word format, double spaced, one inch margins on all four sides, font and size is Arial 12, and use APA Style. No other format, font, or size should be used.
If you will use your business plan for a franchise application, bank loan, or other viable capital source organization application; then a business plan templates, outline, or software from those sources will be allowed. However, they must be approved by the instructor before starting business plan.
The business plan you write will be your legal property.
Large Files – If file is too big for ‘Assignments’ folder, email through CSU General Email, or through CSU OneDrive, before the due date and time. If using OneDrive, give Dr. Garsombke permission. Contact HUB for help with CSU OneDrive.
– Note that nearly all internet servers are extremely slow in uploading files, especially large files. Thus, plan for one – two hours for a very large file.
– Student Requests for Extensions of Due Date for any Semester Long Assignments: For any course work that is a semester long project, i.e., Individual Research Papers, Group Research Projects, etc., (following CSU Academic Policies) extensions of due dates cannot be granted unless the student can provide official written documentation that the reason, (i.e., medical) which prevented them from completing the work was for the entire semester time period.
– Grading done during the following 2-3 weeks. After grading completed, final course grades available on date in CSU Academic Calendar.
Business Plan Outline
– The business plan outline below follows the textbook topics as much as possible and a grading point system is added. See textbook for more specific information.
– Elements of a Business Plan – Chapter 5.
– Example of Excellent Business Plan – The Daily Perc Business Plan, Appendix.
I. Title Page with student name and course number.
Table of Contents using the outline following.
Executive Summary (not to exceed two pages) (5 pts.)
A. Company name, address, and phone number
B. Name(s), addresses, and phone number(s) of all key people
C. Brief description of the business, its products and services, and the customer problems they solve
D. Brief overview of the market for your products and services
E. Brief overview of the strategies that will make your firm a success
II. Vision and Mission statement (5 pts.)
A. Entrepreneur’s vision for the company
B. “What business are we in?”
C. Values and principles on which the business stands
D. What makes the business unique? What is the source of its competitive advantage?
III. Business and Industry Profile (10 pts.)
A. Industry Analysis
1. Industry background and overview
2. Significant trends
3. Growth rate
4. Key success factors in the industry
B. Outlook for the future
C. Stage of growth (start-up, growth, maturity)
D. Company goals and objectives
IV. Business Strategy (10 pts.)
A. Desired image and position in market
B. SWOT analysis
C. Competitive strategy
V. Company Products and Services (5 pts.)
1. Product or service features
2. Customer benefits
3. Warranties and guarantees
4. Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
B. Patent or trademark protection
C. Description of production process (if applicable)
1. Raw materials
3. Key suppliers
D. Future product or service offerings
VI. Marketing Strategy (20 pts.)
A. Target market
1. Complete demographic profile
2. Other significant customer characteristics
B. Customers’ motivation to buy
C. Market size and trends
1. How large is the market?
2. Is it growing or shrinking? How fast?
D. Advertising and promotion
1. Media used— reader, viewer, listener profiles
2. Media costs
3. Frequency of usage
4. Plans for generating publicity
1. Cost structure
2. Desired image in market
3. Comparison against competitors’ prices
F. Distribution strategy
1. Channels of distribution used
2. Sales techniques and incentives
VII. Location and Layout (10 pts.)
1. Demographic analysis of location vs. target customer profile
2. Traffic count
3. Lease/ Rental rates
4. Labor needs and supply
5. Wage rates
1. Size requirements
2. Americans with Disabilities compliance
3. Ergonomic issues
4. Layout plan (suitable for an appendix)
VIII. Competitor Analysis (10 pts.)
A. Existing competitors
1. Who are they? Create a competitive profile matrix.
B. Potential competitors: Companies that might enter the market
1. Who are they?
2. Impact on your business if they enter
IX. Plan of Operation (5 pts.)
A. Form of ownership chosen and reasoning
B. Company structure (organization chart)
C. Decision making authority
D. Compensation and benefits packages
X. Financial Forecasts (20 pts.)
A. Financial statements
1. Income statement
2. Balance sheet
3. Cash flow statement
B. Break- even analysis
C. Ratio analysis with comparison to industry standards (most applicable to existing businesses)
Source: Essentials of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, 9th. Ed., N. Scarborough and J. Cornwall, Pearson Education Publishing, 2019. For more information on A Creative Business Plan see this: https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/economics-business-and-labor/businesses-and-occupations/business-plan
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.